Wednesday, March 28, 2012

restore weirdness

Hello,
I just did a restore on a backup. The date for the last good restore I
have, according to
select database_name,backup_finish_date from msdb..backupset
order by backup_finish_date desc
(thanks Hari) is 6/7/2004.
The odd thing is that I'm still missing some tables from that backup. I
know for sure because I did a cut and paste of a query I was using and
posted it to this news group on 6/7/2004. Any ideas why my table, and
more importantly the data, is gone?Hi,
Only way to check that is to analyze your transaction log file. For that you
can use the log explorer.
www.lumigent.com
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Won Lee" <noemail@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:#zjjH9qWEHA.500@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I just did a restore on a backup. The date for the last good restore I
> have, according to
> select database_name,backup_finish_date from msdb..backupset
> order by backup_finish_date desc
> (thanks Hari) is 6/7/2004.
> The odd thing is that I'm still missing some tables from that backup. I
> know for sure because I did a cut and paste of a query I was using and
> posted it to this news group on 6/7/2004. Any ideas why my table, and
> more importantly the data, is gone?
>|||OK will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment