Monday, March 26, 2012

Restore to new server

I restored a backup from our main server to a new server. First I copied
that backup file, then executed a script basically Restore with move,
replace (I replaced an empty database I created to test the connection).
It ran for a minute or two, then said successful, but here it is 2 hours
later and the new database is still unavailable and says it's restoring.
The backup file was just shy of 1 GB.
Is this the kind of time frame I should be expecting?
Probably not. What happens if you do a restore databaseName with Recovery?
Does that make the database accessible.
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Usarian" <noemail@.nojunk.com> wrote in message
news:elcLpnv7GHA.4620@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I restored a backup from our main server to a new server. First I copied
>that backup file, then executed a script basically Restore with move,
>replace (I replaced an empty database I created to test the connection).
> It ran for a minute or two, then said successful, but here it is 2 hours
> later and the new database is still unavailable and says it's restoring.
> The backup file was just shy of 1 GB.
> Is this the kind of time frame I should be expecting?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment