Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restore two individual tables from massive DB into new DB

I need to pull two individual tables out of a very large DB into a new
DB for testing. I know this is probably easy for a more experienced
DBA, but I'm still learning.
Thanks.Probably best to transfer them from one to the other using DTS (SQL 2000) or
SSIS (SQL 2005) package during off hours.
How many rows in the tables that you need to move?
--
Kevin3NF
SQL Server dude
You want fries with that?
http://kevin3nf.blogspot.com/
I only check the newsgroups during work hours, M-F.
Hit my blog and the contact links if necessary...I may be available.
"Matt" <matthewsatkins@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c19a7ff0-c2f2-452a-9841-853cd393c917@.l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>I need to pull two individual tables out of a very large DB into a new
> DB for testing. I know this is probably easy for a more experienced
> DBA, but I'm still learning.
> Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment