Friday, March 30, 2012

Restored database still "Loading" after two days

On Monday, 31 July, I attempted to restore a backup of a Microsoft CRM 1.2
database (MSCRM) with a different name.
The database icon is grey and in parens at the end of the name is (Loading).
I have a feeling that this is not normal. However, I cannot do anything
because it is "Loading". If I try to delete it, take it off line, whatever,
I get the message:
"Error 3724: Cannot drop the database 'databasename' because it is being
used for replication."
It does not show up in the replication folder so am not sure what is
actually going on.
I have resolved the issue that required the backup data, so do not need the
database even if it was functional. Does anyone know how I can delete it?
Probably not doing any harm but it bugs me.
Thanks,
JimYou might have done the restore using the NORECOVERY option. Try:
RESTORE DATABASE dbname WITH RECOVERY
That should take the database out of "loading" state. Then you should be abl
e to Google on how to
drop the replication stuff from the database.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"CrystalJim" <CrystalJim@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:82935894-2C5B-40B6-B3D9-7F4DCDA202E9@.microsoft.com...
> On Monday, 31 July, I attempted to restore a backup of a Microsoft CRM 1.2
> database (MSCRM) with a different name.
> The database icon is grey and in parens at the end of the name is (Loading
).
> I have a feeling that this is not normal. However, I cannot do anything
> because it is "Loading". If I try to delete it, take it off line, whateve
r,
> I get the message:
> "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database 'databasename' because it is being
> used for replication."
> It does not show up in the replication folder so am not sure what is
> actually going on.
> I have resolved the issue that required the backup data, so do not need th
e
> database even if it was functional. Does anyone know how I can delete it?
> Probably not doing any harm but it bugs me.
> Thanks,
> Jim
>|||WOW! That did it.
Have to admit I was skepticle.
Thanks so much!
Jim
"Tibor Karaszi" wrote:

> You might have done the restore using the NORECOVERY option. Try:
> RESTORE DATABASE dbname WITH RECOVERY
> That should take the database out of "loading" state. Then you should be a
ble to Google on how to
> drop the replication stuff from the database.
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "CrystalJim" <CrystalJim@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:82935894-2C5B-40B6-B3D9-7F4DCDA202E9@.microsoft.com...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment