Friday, March 30, 2012

Restored Full with NORECOVERY and db reads dbName (Restoring...)

Can anyone help me with this issue? I restored a full backup with NORECOVERY because I need to restore the differentials as well but I have not been able to access the db. No matter what I seem to try i receive the following error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: This differential backup cannot be restored because the database has not been restored to the correct earlier state. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Thank you in advance.

Julio

Yes I do I don't know what but the Restore process is not working like 2000 so you still need to run restore with recovery code before your restore will complete. Here was my situation I got a database from someone created on E drive SQL Server refused to restore it without dump devices in the Master. I did that and end up with your problem, so I started again and added restore with recovery code making about four sets of code and it was restored. The link below are some of the code you need, make sure you have the .bak delete the restoring and start fresh with the code in the link below. Hope this helps.

http://wvmitchell.blogspot.com/search?q=backup+restore

|||do you have anyother full backup other than what you restored with norecovery option.........may be you might have restored another set of full backup rather than the one which you took b4 differential backup was taken..........this differential wud only have the changes which you made after the most recent full backup was taken.........so restore the last full backup taken before the differential backup was taken....may be that mite be the problem........

No comments:

Post a Comment