Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restore TSQL Scripts

Hi
I would like to creat a job in MS SQL Server 2000 to do the following:
1. Drop Test_DB
2. Restore Current_DB (latest backup in my_dir) as Test_DB
Can anyone help me on this? I think it is a simple as
--start code
DROP DATABASE Test_DB
GO
RESTORE DATABASE Test_DB
FROM Current_DB ?
GO
--end code
It is the second line that bothers me. I want to restore the most
recent backup of Current_DB. How can I get and specify this info?
Also, when I use EM to restore it gives me the option to rename the
files, can I specify this too?
thanks
dabenTry something like:
RESTORE DATABASE Test_DB
FROM DISK='C:\My_Dir\Current_DB.bak'
WITH
MOVE 'Current_DB' TO 'E:\DataFiles\Test_DB.mdf',
MOVE 'Current_DB_Log' TO 'C:\LogFiles\Test_DB_Log.ldf',
REPLACE
GO
You find the names log the logical files for the above command with
RESTORE FILELISTONLY:
RESTORE FILELISTONLY
FROM DISK='C:\MyDir\Current_DB.bak'
GO
See RESTORE in the Books Online for more information.
--
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
--
SQL FAQ links (courtesy Neil Pike):
http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800
http://www.sqlserverfaq.com
http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq
--
"daben" <dabenpb@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1adbeff3.0309111224.1fe1b9ac@.posting.google.com...
> Hi
> I would like to creat a job in MS SQL Server 2000 to do the following:
> 1. Drop Test_DB
> 2. Restore Current_DB (latest backup in my_dir) as Test_DB
> Can anyone help me on this? I think it is a simple as
> --start code
> DROP DATABASE Test_DB
> GO
> RESTORE DATABASE Test_DB
> FROM Current_DB ?
> GO
> --end code
> It is the second line that bothers me. I want to restore the most
> recent backup of Current_DB. How can I get and specify this info?
> Also, when I use EM to restore it gives me the option to rename the
> files, can I specify this too?
> thanks
> daben

No comments:

Post a Comment