Friday, March 30, 2012

Restore without Replication

Is there a way to drop replication on a restore. Or, is there a way to
backup without saving the replication information? I tried setting
KEEP_REPLICATION for false but if its is the original server the
replication still shows up. I also tried running
sp_restoredbreplication on the database after I restored it. However
the query analyzer said it completed successfully but I still show a
publication. I want to restore an not have the publication show up so
we can rebuild the replication and in 2 cases not replicate anymore.
If you have it in SQLDMO would be grand but right now anything would
help.
Thanks for your help.
gslim
Its a little tricky. Some of the replication metadata remains. I find it
necessary to go in there and delete it manually.
BTW Are we talking merge or transactional?
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Shane Lim" <gslim@.blizzardice.com> wrote in message
news:iq1v71d1un7ujjnr0d76n9gr501ar680uh@.4ax.com...
> Is there a way to drop replication on a restore. Or, is there a way to
> backup without saving the replication information? I tried setting
> KEEP_REPLICATION for false but if its is the original server the
> replication still shows up. I also tried running
> sp_restoredbreplication on the database after I restored it. However
> the query analyzer said it completed successfully but I still show a
> publication. I want to restore an not have the publication show up so
> we can rebuild the replication and in 2 cases not replicate anymore.
> If you have it in SQLDMO would be grand but right now anything would
> help.
> Thanks for your help.
> gslim
>
|||We are talking about merge replication.
I was running sp_restoredbreplication but I am going to try also
running sp_removedbreplication (suggested by Paul Ibison in another
thread I found.) after that and try again.
gslim
On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:37:06 -0400, "Hilary Cotter"
<hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote:

>Its a little tricky. Some of the replication metadata remains. I find it
>necessary to go in there and delete it manually.
>BTW Are we talking merge or transactional?
|||Ok so currently I run both of the stored procedure
sp_removedbreplication
then
sp_restoredbreplication
and I can create the publication fine.
However when I create the subscription I still get the error on the
subscription of
Invalid object name 'dbo.sysmergearticles'
Any ideas?
On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:47:45 -0600, Shane Lim <gslim@.blizzardice.com>
wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
>We are talking about merge replication.
>I was running sp_restoredbreplication but I am going to try also
>running sp_removedbreplication (suggested by Paul Ibison in another
>thread I found.) after that and try again.
>gslim
>On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:37:06 -0400, "Hilary Cotter"
><hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment