Friday, March 30, 2012

Restored database still "Loading" after two days

On Monday, 31 July, I attempted to restore a backup of a Microsoft CRM 1.2
database (MSCRM) with a different name.
The database icon is grey and in parens at the end of the name is (Loading).
I have a feeling that this is not normal. However, I cannot do anything
because it is "Loading". If I try to delete it, take it off line, whatever,
I get the message:
"Error 3724: Cannot drop the database 'databasename' because it is being
used for replication."
It does not show up in the replication folder so am not sure what is
actually going on.
I have resolved the issue that required the backup data, so do not need the
database even if it was functional. Does anyone know how I can delete it?
Probably not doing any harm but it bugs me.
Thanks,
JimYou might have done the restore using the NORECOVERY option. Try:
RESTORE DATABASE dbname WITH RECOVERY
That should take the database out of "loading" state. Then you should be able to Google on how to
drop the replication stuff from the database.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"CrystalJim" <CrystalJim@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:82935894-2C5B-40B6-B3D9-7F4DCDA202E9@.microsoft.com...
> On Monday, 31 July, I attempted to restore a backup of a Microsoft CRM 1.2
> database (MSCRM) with a different name.
> The database icon is grey and in parens at the end of the name is (Loading).
> I have a feeling that this is not normal. However, I cannot do anything
> because it is "Loading". If I try to delete it, take it off line, whatever,
> I get the message:
> "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database 'databasename' because it is being
> used for replication."
> It does not show up in the replication folder so am not sure what is
> actually going on.
> I have resolved the issue that required the backup data, so do not need the
> database even if it was functional. Does anyone know how I can delete it?
> Probably not doing any harm but it bugs me.
> Thanks,
> Jim
>|||WOW! That did it.
Have to admit I was skepticle.
Thanks so much!
Jim
"Tibor Karaszi" wrote:
> You might have done the restore using the NORECOVERY option. Try:
> RESTORE DATABASE dbname WITH RECOVERY
> That should take the database out of "loading" state. Then you should be able to Google on how to
> drop the replication stuff from the database.
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "CrystalJim" <CrystalJim@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:82935894-2C5B-40B6-B3D9-7F4DCDA202E9@.microsoft.com...
> > On Monday, 31 July, I attempted to restore a backup of a Microsoft CRM 1.2
> > database (MSCRM) with a different name.
> >
> > The database icon is grey and in parens at the end of the name is (Loading).
> >
> > I have a feeling that this is not normal. However, I cannot do anything
> > because it is "Loading". If I try to delete it, take it off line, whatever,
> > I get the message:
> >
> > "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database 'databasename' because it is being
> > used for replication."
> >
> > It does not show up in the replication folder so am not sure what is
> > actually going on.
> >
> > I have resolved the issue that required the backup data, so do not need the
> > database even if it was functional. Does anyone know how I can delete it?
> >
> > Probably not doing any harm but it bugs me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jim
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment