Saturday, February 25, 2012

Restore MDF and NDF to a single DB on a new location

I would like to combine my .MDF and .NDF into a single file when I perform a
restore from a .BAK file. Is there a way of doing such task. The restore
will be done to a new database on a different SQL server which will only hav
e
a .MDF.
environment:SQL 2000
o.s. Windows 2000.
Thank you,
MaxNo you must restore it and then use the DBCC SHRINKFILE with the EMPTYFILE
option. See BOL for more details.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Max" <Max@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0614BF32-7F21-4694-9B53-9EBB83F2D7BE@.microsoft.com...
>I would like to combine my .MDF and .NDF into a single file when I perform
>a
> restore from a .BAK file. Is there a way of doing such task. The restore
> will be done to a new database on a different SQL server which will only
> have
> a .MDF.
> environment:SQL 2000
> o.s. Windows 2000.
> Thank you,
> Max

No comments:

Post a Comment