Monday, February 20, 2012

restore master database backup to a new server, single user mode

Hi,
I am using Win2000+SQL2000.
I have a backup copy of MASTER database, I need to retore it my newly setup
SQL server.
I use the command "sqlservr.exe -c -m" from DOS command prompt to startup
SQL server single user,
I can not connect to this sql servre instance by using SQL query analyzer,
kindly please tell me the steps to restore the master database to a new
server.
Thanks
Michael
Hi,
What is the error you are getting while connecting to query analyzer.
Have a look into steps (15 - 28) in the attached link.
http://www.dbarecovery.com/restoremasterdb.html
You have to restore the Master database and then the user databases.
Otherwise Master database restore will
overwrite the existing database entries.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Michael" <Ruihuiwen@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Oo6cOqNgEHA.3132@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I am using Win2000+SQL2000.
> I have a backup copy of MASTER database, I need to retore it my newly
setup
> SQL server.
> I use the command "sqlservr.exe -c -m" from DOS command prompt to startup
> SQL server single user,
> I can not connect to this sql servre instance by using SQL query analyzer,
> kindly please tell me the steps to restore the master database to a new
> server.
> Thanks
> Michael
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment