Monday, February 20, 2012

Restore master database with SQL 2005 made an error with me

- First I made a full backup of master database
- Then I stopped SQL Server Service
- in cmd: cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Binn
then sqlservr.exe -m
- I entered that single user mode
--> Problem here:
- I tried to connect to sql by sqlcmd -E -->
HResult 0xE9, Level 16, State 1
Shared Memory Provider: No process is on the other end of the pipe.
Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Native Client : Communication link failure.
--> I tried to connect to management studio:
TITLE: Connect to Server
Cannot connect to BISHOYSERVER.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Login failed for user 'OFFICIALPROJECT\Administrator'. Reason: Server is in
single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time. (Microsoft
SQL Server, Error: 18461)
Thank you
Bishoy
No one else is connected.
Agent service, as you should know, is stopped immediately when you stop
MSSqlServer service.
Also this SQL server instance is on my machine and I am sure no application
uses it.
Thanks
Bishoy
"Tibor Karaszi" wrote:

> Somebody else is connected. That might be Agent service, some user or some other service or local
> app. Hunt down this, then connect using SQLCMD.
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi
>
> "Bishoy" <Bishoy@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5D9C15D7-1B68-444E-957B-83932E76AC9E@.microsoft.com...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment