Saturday, February 25, 2012

Restore MDF and NDF to a single DB on a new location

I would like to combine my .MDF and .NDF into a single file when I perform a
restore from a .BAK file. Is there a way of doing such task. The restore
will be done to a new database on a different SQL server which will only have
a .MDF.
environment:SQL 2000
o.s. Windows 2000.
Thank you,
MaxNo you must restore it and then use the DBCC SHRINKFILE with the EMPTYFILE
option. See BOL for more details.
--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Max" <Max@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0614BF32-7F21-4694-9B53-9EBB83F2D7BE@.microsoft.com...
>I would like to combine my .MDF and .NDF into a single file when I perform
>a
> restore from a .BAK file. Is there a way of doing such task. The restore
> will be done to a new database on a different SQL server which will only
> have
> a .MDF.
> environment:SQL 2000
> o.s. Windows 2000.
> Thank you,
> Max

No comments:

Post a Comment