Monday, February 20, 2012

Restore MASTER

Hi there,
My RAID data drive failed, and I need to restore the MASTER DB. When I
put the server into single user mode (sqlservr -m ) and launch
Enterprise Manager, or Query Analyzer, I can't log into to perform the
restore. It informs me that the server is running in single user mode
(which it is) and that only one admin can be connected.. I have even
attempt to connect using a named SQL user.
How can I overcome this problem?Make sure that the SQLServerAgent service is not running.
"Rowan Prior" wrote:
> Hi there,
> My RAID data drive failed, and I need to restore the MASTER DB. When I
> put the server into single user mode (sqlservr -m ) and launch
> Enterprise Manager, or Query Analyzer, I can't log into to perform the
> restore. It informs me that the server is running in single user mode
> (which it is) and that only one admin can be connected.. I have even
> attempt to connect using a named SQL user.
> How can I overcome this problem?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment