Monday, February 20, 2012

restore master database: no restart

Dear all,
I'm working on MS SQL 2000 SP3.
I'm trying to switch to a new server.
When I tried to restore the master database, the server wouldn't re-start.
so I tried another way, that is to restore user-databases and transfer the
users-accounts (DTS) but it seems that the users cannot connect to the new
server.(no permissions).
I prefere to have a success "restore master database".
what am I missing'
Thanks in advance
joujhttp://support.microsoft.com/defaul...en-us;Q314546#9 -- Move
Databases between computers running by sql server

"jouj" <jouj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:82161742-1B9D-45C5-ABFF-BDF5E384148B@.microsoft.com...
> Dear all,
> I'm working on MS SQL 2000 SP3.
> I'm trying to switch to a new server.
> When I tried to restore the master database, the server wouldn't re-start.
> so I tried another way, that is to restore user-databases and transfer the
> users-accounts (DTS) but it seems that the users cannot connect to the new
> server.(no permissions).
> I prefere to have a success "restore master database".
> what am I missing'
> Thanks in advance
> jouj
>|||Many thanks
jouj
"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...en-us;Q314546#9 -- Mo
ve
> Databases between computers running by sql server
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "jouj" <jouj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:82161742-1B9D-45C5-ABFF-BDF5E384148B@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment